Saturday 2 March 2013

Catching Up Part 1



Last Sunday (Febuary 24) was our 6 month anniversary of the day we first set foot on this beautiful island. It’s so strange how in some ways its feels much longer than that, and in other ways it seems like we still just got here. I went to my blog, which is also acting as my Journal of this adventure and cringed to see how bad I have been at keeping it up. I am going to highlight the important things I missed from this last 6 months and make a goal to be MUCH more vigilant from now on. I will re-evaluate at the 1 year anniversary and see how I did.

It appears the last thing I blogged about was Halloween. Most of November I spent vigilantly working on my book and I didn’t do much else. However- I did pry myself away from my computer long enough to have some pretty fun adventures.

The spouses club has a big party every semester to say goodbye to all our friends leaving the island. This semester the party was an 80’s theme. I wasn’t planning on going but last minute my friends talked me into it, and we did have a great time. There isn’t too much to say about it. But here are some pictures for you to enjoy. I also just want to include this meme because I love it so much. I find it absolutely hilarious, and accurate. 









Joel is also part of a club called Collegium Aesculapium. It’s the Medical school club for all LDS medical students, all over the world. So that’s neat. They do a couple little activities and usually one big one every semester. The big activity this semester was an Eye clinic for the local people here in Portsmouth. The Medical students were able to do free heath checks, eye exams and give away 300 pairs of glasses completely free to the local people here. All us wives also set up a family fair and had a bunch of games for families and kids to play. The missionaries also set up a booth and were able to pass out a lot of material to the local people here. It was a great day and a great reminder of why we are here. 

















He is going to be such a good Doctor! He is so sweet to people.









The man here in the black shirt is Pink Dreads, make note of him, he will come up a lot in future blogs!


No comments:

Post a Comment