Tuesday 5 March 2013

Catching Up Part 3- Ward Parties


Another project I had going in November was American Thanksgiving. I have never celebrated American Thanksgiving before and it was pretty fun. We had a branch party on that night that I helped organize as part of the relief society. It worked out really well. We had funding to buy the turkeys and the rest was all potluck. We had it at the seaside deck at the school, with a beautiful view of the ocean. Our branch members from Roseau joined us which was great because for most of us it was our first time meeting them. In a tiny little branch consisting of impoverished (to American/Canadian Standards) local members and  busy, broke medical students, I was absolutely floored to see the amount of time, money, food and preparation that everyone was willing to do for everyone to have a great party. Everyone did and gave far more than their share and we had a great time and a kings feast as a result. I love all the members here and all that they are constantly doing for each other. It is an incredible and humbling situation to be a part of and I am so grateful I get to experience it.
  Men Carving the Turkey





 In this Picture to the left is Pink Dread, I told you to remember him...I am not ready to start talking about him yet, but keep remembering him....
  The Beautiful Young Women!
 
 As sisters in Zion...or The Caribbean....
 I LOVE these ladies!
Relief Society Presidency- Middle is Kelsey El Presidenta, me first councilor and Marina from Roseau, 2nd.


Shortly after that, at the beginning of December I put together a Relief Society party. Again our sisters from Roseau joined us which was great. It was suppose to be like a super Saturday party. We were only able to do it early morning, so we had breakfast, (which was amazing- thank you Kelsey! ), we made little puzzle snow flake crafts, filled out ‘get to know you’ questionnaires and socialized. We had some investigators come as well (they are baptised members now) so it was a fantastic time to get to know them better. 










No comments:

Post a Comment